UGC NET Geography Coaching
Hello aspirants, GATEIIT provides UGC NET Geography Coaching in India with best study material, test papers and well experienced teachers. Every year, GATEIIT provides coaching in different subjects field to get brilliant and willing applicants. If you are interested to join our coaching classes then you can get in touch with us.
There will be two exam papers i.e. UGC NET Geography Paper II and UGC NET Geography Paper III (A & B). Paper II is compulsory and carrying 50 marks. Paper III will be carrying 100 marks. Get more details related to test syllabus by visit below.
UGC NET Geography Coaching Eligibility
- As per the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria, the aspirants who is in the final year of Post-Graduation or have passed his post-graduation with 55% (For General) or 50% (For ST/SC/OBC/PWD) marks from a government recognized institute are eligible to appear for the exam.
- An aspirants graduation and post-graduation subject should be similar and they can appear in NET for the same subject only.
UGC NET Geography Coaching Syllabus
- Geomorphology: Fundamental concepts; Endogenetic and Exogenetic forces; Denudation and weathering; Geosynclines, continental drift and plate tectonics; Concept of geomorphic cycle; Landforms associated with fluvial, glacial, arid, coastal and karst cycles.
- Climatology: Composition and structure of the atmosphere; Heat budget of the earth; Distribution of temperature; Atmospheric pressure and general circulation of winds; Monsoon and jet stream; Tropical and temperate cyclones; Classification of world climates; Koppen’s and Thoramwaite’s schemes.
- Oceanography: Ocean deposits; Coral reefs; Temperature and salinity of the oceans; Density of seawater; Tides and ocean currents.
Bio – Geography : World distribution of plants and animals; Forms and functions of ecosystem; Conservation and management of ecosystems; Problems of pollution.
- Geographic Thought: General character of Geographic knowledge during the ancient and medieval period; Foundations of Modern Geography; Determinism and possibilism; Areal differentiation and spatial organisation.
- Population Geography: Patterns of world distribution;. Growth and density of population; Patterns and processes of migration; Demographic transition.
Settlement Geography : Site, situation, types, size, spacing and internal morphology of rural and urban settlements; City – region; Primate city; Rank – size rule; Settlement hierarchy; Christaller’s Central Place theory; August Losch’s theory of market Centers.
- Economic Geography: Sectors of Economy :primary, secondary,. tertiary and Quaternary; Natural resources: renewable and non-renewable.
- Measurement of agricultural productivity and efficiency; Crop combination and diversification; Von Thimen’s Model.
- Classification of industries : Weber’s and Losch’s approaches; Resource based and footloose industries.
- Models of transportation and transport cost : Accessibility and connectivity.
- Political Geography: Heartland and Rimland theories; Boundaries and frontiers; Nature of administrative areas and Geography of public policy and finance.
Social Geography : Ethnicity; tribe; dialect; language, caste and religion; Concept of social well-being.
Cultural Geography : Culture – areas and cultural regions; Human races; Habitat; Economy and Society of tribal groups.
- Regional Planning: Regional concept in Geography; Concept of planning regions; Types of regions; Methods of regional delineation; Regional planning in India; Indicators of development; Regional imbalances; Evolution, nature and scope of town planning with special reference to India, and Fundamentals of Town and Country planning.
- Geography of India: Physio graphic divisions; Climate : Its regional variations; Vegetation types and vegetation regions; Major soil types; Irrigation and agriculture; Population distribution and growth ; Settlement patterns ; Mineral and power resources; major industries and industrial regions.
10. Cartography: Types of maps : Techniques for the study of spatial patterns of distribution; Choropleth; Isopleth and Chorochromatic maps and pie diagrams; Mapping of location – specific data; Accessibility and flow maps.
Be the first to leave a review.
Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one